Sunday, June 13, 2010

World Cup Fever!

What an opening weekend for the biggest sporting event in the world!  Amazing skills on display from the best players in the world, tremendous saves and shots all over the pitch.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've set my DVR to record every single game -- and I'm planning on watching as many as I can before the harddrive overloads and starts deleting the oldest ones.  I've managed to watch at least parts of every game, and three full ones.

The USA-England match was phenomenal.  I was worried when England scored in less than 4 minutes, but the US defense clamped down and forced a draw.  Tim Howard -- what a monster in the box.  Even with a ball that provides some very "interesting" bounces and bruised ribs, he still put on a clinic for every keeper in the tourney.

Watch out, world!  The USA is going to make some noise this month.  Next up, Slovenia on Friday.  My prediction: USA 3, Slovenia 1

No comments: